Thursday, January 1, 2009

catching up

Last night for the bringing in the New Year, we decided to stay in.  We went out on the 30th to celebrate with friends, so we thought, blah, whats the point of doing it again?
Now some folk might think that I was sad, staying all night in, playing on the net, but it was really good.  I was chatting to my brother, for the first time in a very long time, and courtesy of social networking tools on the internet, I was talking to old school friends, some of whom I haven't spoken to in many many years (I live in GMT +8) so for me, I had a very good night.
Should least we forget times gone by, I think it was an excellant thing to do, and we do have Rabbie Burns to thank for that.
Today, for a change, we braved the modern foe of shopping.  Actually, we just wanted to walk off our lovely Prawns in Chilli and skinned Frog in dry fire! Wonderful (those are both my favourite dishes) and before you turn your noses up, you have to try it, before you can say otherwise.
As after any Christmas, sales are everywhere, except for the things that you want to buy.  I saw a lovely top today, in a sports shop (where else would I be) and after converting the poor pound against the Peoples currency, there is no way, I was going to pay that amount of money.  Also, as the good lady reminded me, it's also my new helmets money.
She knows me so well.
I so can't wait for Sunday.  It is going to be my first MTB ride of the year with the guys, and I'm looking forward to it.  Some of them have already started working, and some still haven't come back from home, but I sooooo need to get out there. It's been to long.

No comments:

Post a Comment