Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's a Sunday!

Oh... today is a Sunday, I remember when I was a child, that Sundays always involved going to my Nan Gs' for lunch. My Nan was from Singapore, and I have to say, when she was in her youth, she was very beautiful (she was always beautiful to me) anyway, this may have something to do with me ending up marrying an Asian lass.
Anyway, she was quite strict, children weren't allowed to eat at the same table of adults, and when after dinner games were being played (cards, Mahjiang etc) then is was a strict no no for children to be in the same room.
Not bad ethics really.
Now, I am older, at the moment, my Sunday are normally filled with Cycle-Cross races. I've only managed to do one this season, which is really annoying as I was soooo looking forward to it.
So this afternoon, I am going to support my friends, give them an encouraging shout. Probably along the lines of;
"Stop sleeping and start racing"
Or "My Mum could do this faster than you..... and on crutches"
You know the sort of thing I'm on about.

For those of you who may know me, I am somewhat competitive, and you can't get more competitive, than a competitive person talking.
Along the way, a competitive person knows how to make the opposition (yes, even friends) feel inadequate.
Take the Haka for instance, the most famous form of intimidation there is.

So in my normal way (unfortunatly) as H (my wife) was getting ready to go cycling, I said my usual words of encouragements. Now, she isn't going. I feel like crap, and do really think, I should have place here.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment